Monday, March 8, 2010

Nervous, Excited, Nervous

I was nervous at first, but after learning a little more technique and talking with my small group about our small film, I was excited. But now that the deadline is quickly approaching, I'm NERVOUS!

Im in team 2 and our footage is due the Thursday we get back from Spring Break. That doesn't give us but 4 days to film, unless we check the camera out before Spring Break. Our team was planning on trying to do all (or most) of our filming on a Saturday. I'll be gone Friday-Sunday of Spring Break which means, that this Saturday, March 13 might just be our filming day. That gives us, as of today, 4 days to get our actors and location filming permits together. I'm just a little stressed about it...

Despite my nervousness, I am still very eager to film and see what our group is able to produce. Will it be like Blow Out and be exactly what the director had in mind? Will we be able to reproduce the shots we have in our head and in our storyboard? Will our audience be as convinced as we intend them to be? I. CAN'T. WAIT.

I am also very eager to find out how we did on our box o' footage assignments. It will be great to get some feedback on those that we will be able to apply to our short film.

Having a regulations like location agreements and sound copyrights is kind of unnerving. I really don't want to get sued and this is complicated shit. I know we need to cover all the bases and make sure we are legal in the world of filming and rules, but I just hope someone in our group is more confident in this area of our film than I am...

I know this post is kind of whiney, but that is how I feel at this point in the game. Until everything is lined up, I'm going to be nervous and whine. That doesn't mean I won't work to make things happen, I will just stress about it. I hope I'm not the only person in class feeling this way!

2 comments:

  1. Hay now. Chuck that nervousness overboard. Take a lesson from my two palls, Jack and Jack. Jack Sparrow always finds a way out (and with so much flair). Jack Daniels is what camera operators live off of! Get some swagger!

    Also, I agree with you. I would like to get some feedback on our box of film projects too. Grades don't teach anyone anything. I want FEEDBACK please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would urge you to check the camera out before Spring Break and get some of your shots done!

    ReplyDelete